Greens with Roast PotatoesFrom edwardvielmetti 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- ½ onion, sliced into half moons shopping list
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and cut into thin ribbons shopping list
- water or vegetable stock shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, cut into cubes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, diced shopping list
- red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper shopping list
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, or more (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large shallow saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add collard greens, water or vegetable stock--enough to come ½” up the side of the pan.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Stir, turn the heat down, and cover.
- Check periodically to make sure nothing is sticking, and that there is still a small amount of liquid in the pan.
- Cook until potatoes are done.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and drizzle with a light coating of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven for 25 to 40 minutes, until almost soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and add cooked greens, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, if using.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top, if using.
- Turn oven down to 400°F.
- Return pan to oven and cook until cheese is melted and brown around the edges.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- candnbrown Kill Devil Hills, NC
- annielikestocook Annacotty, IE
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- joyceat123 San Diego, CA
- thegoldminer Sacramento, CA
- heatherbudapest By The Lakeside, MI
- edwardvielmetti Ann Arbor, MI
- heidigoseek Ann Arbor, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookedwardvielmetti Ann Arbor, MI
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!