Marinated Chicken Parmigiana over PastaFrom borinda 6 years ago
- 3 chicken breasts, boned, skinned, and halved down the vein shopping list
- Tasty Italian dressing - I use Good seasons and make it with a good olive oil shopping list
- seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 quart pasta sauce of your choice shopping list
- 2 or more cups of shredded mozzerella, depending on how much cheese you prefer shopping list
- 1 pound penne or other small-ish pasta shopping list
How to make it
- The morning or night before you want to prepare this put the chicken pieces in a zip-lock bag with the prepared Italian dressing. Periodically turn the bag and make sure all surfaces of each piece of chicken gets exposed to the dressing.
- Remove the chicken and roll each piece in a bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Lightly brown each piece in some olive oil in a saute pan and then set them aside on paper towels to drain the excess oil. This is just to seal the chicken, not to cook through.
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Once the pasta is drained mix it with most of the pasta sauce and turn this into a baking dish. Place the chicken pieces atop the pasta. Dollop sauce over the chicken and then top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake this at 350 for approximately 50 minutes, covered with foil for most of the time to keep it from drying out. Remove the foil for the last few minutes for the cheese to brown a bit, if you like.