Baked Stuffed PeppersFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup long-grain brown rice shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 lare red or green bell peppers shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine or olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed nuts shopping list
- 14 cup minced parsley shopping list
- 2 eggs, slighty beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice in 1 1/2 cups boiling salted water for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain if necessary. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cut peppers in half. Remove seeds and white membrane. Parboil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes Arrange in lightly oiled, shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Heat butter or oil in small skillet. Add onion, celery and sunflower seed nuts. Saute until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir into rice. Add parsley, eggs, oregano, chilies, black pepper and salt to taste. Fill peppers with mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Put about 1/3 cup hot water in bottom of dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.