Spiced Walnut Carrot Cake With Pineapple And RaisinsFrom borinda 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrot shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the carrots, walnuts, pineapple, raisins, and coconut with 1/2 cup of the flour to coat them and keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake batter.
- Sift together the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer with a whip attachment, mix the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (the "ribbon" stage) then drizzle in the vegetable oil.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and pour over the carrot mixture.
- Fold carefully to blend, then pour the batter into a buttered, floured 10 by 3-inch cake pan containing a circle of parchment paper in the bottom.
- Bake until firm to the touch in the center, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Let cool on a rack and then turn out. Dust the top with powdered sugar and cut into wedges to serve.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating3 people
This one i HAVE to try it looks absolutely delicious ......caramia in loved it
I think this could be my new favorite cake. It has all the elements I LOVE. Thanks for posting.sunny in Portland loved it
This is a really good recipe and I have made Gale's version twice and it has become my favorite carrot cake to make. Plus, it's so beautiful and delicious. Great post, Nancy...it looks like you and I have very similar tastes in foods and chefs. Ya...morelunasea in Orlando loved it