Candy Pecan Roll Dated 1962From chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- In 2 quart saucepan mix sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook stirring occasionally to 234 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Cool mixture to 120 without stirring.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat vigorously for 10 minutes with wooden spoon.
- Shape candy into 12-inch roll.
- Roll in 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Wrap and chill until firm.
- Cut into slices.