CROCKPOT JAMBALAYAFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced Italian parsley shopping list
- 15 oz. canned tomatoes shopping list
- 5 lbs. skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 lb. smoked sausage—sliced lengthwise, then across in semi circles shopping list
- 1 lb. chicken Andouille sausage—sliced lengthwise, then across in semicircles shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 14 oz. long-grain rice (about 2-1/4 cups) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- Above is original... I add lots of cajun seasoning, and less salt.. some red pepper flakes as I like it SPICY! BUT.. start with original and add to your taste... shopping list
How to make it
- Spray crock-pot with vegetable spray.
- Mix vegetables and seasonings with canned tomatoes.
- Spread over bottom of crock-pot.
- Tuck thighs into vegetable mixture.
- Top with chopped sausages.
- Pour water over, cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove cover and stir in rice, thyme and salt. Cover and cook for an additional 50 minutes.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
We loved it. Thanks and high 5lovinfood420 in Cambridge loved it
Such a nice simple way to fix this dish! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Me too Linda... I agree with all the comments.... what time is dinner?zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!