CROCKPOT JAMBALAYAFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced Italian parsley shopping list
- 15 oz. canned tomatoes shopping list
- 5 lbs. skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 lb. smoked sausage—sliced lengthwise, then across in semi circles shopping list
- 1 lb. chicken Andouille sausage—sliced lengthwise, then across in semicircles shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 14 oz. long-grain rice (about 2-1/4 cups) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- Above is original... I add lots of cajun seasoning, and less salt.. some red pepper flakes as I like it SPICY! BUT.. start with original and add to your taste... shopping list
How to make it
- Spray crock-pot with vegetable spray.
- Mix vegetables and seasonings with canned tomatoes.
- Spread over bottom of crock-pot.
- Tuck thighs into vegetable mixture.
- Top with chopped sausages.
- Pour water over, cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove cover and stir in rice, thyme and salt. Cover and cook for an additional 50 minutes.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
Me too Linda... I agree with all the comments.... what time is dinner?zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Such a nice simple way to fix this dish! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
We loved it. Thanks and high 5lovinfood420 in Cambridge loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!