Buche De Noel Yule LogFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- Ingredients for cake shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sifted sugar shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 3 stiffly beaten egg whites shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- Any favorite recipe for chocolate icing or chocolate icing mix shopping list
- Ingredients for Filling shopping list
- 1 package regular-size instant vanilla pudding and pie filling shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Cake: Mix flour, baking powder, and salt and sift three times. Beat egg yolks until very light and thick; add sugar slowly, beating well after each addition. Stir in water. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Fold in flour, a small amount at a time. Line a 9 x 16-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper and pour in batter. Cut and save a second sheet of waxed paper the dimensions of the pan for later. Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) for about 15 minutes. Turn from pan immediately onto second sheet of waxed paper covered with powdered sugar. Remove paper from cake. Trim crisp edges of cake if desired. Roll in waxed paper and cool before filling.
- Filling: In medium bowl, combine instant pudding and milk. Beat on low speed one minute. Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To complete Yule Log, unroll carefully and remove from waxed paper. Fill generously with pudding filling. When filled, roll and place on serving platter. Cover roll with any favorite chocolate icing, including the ends. To give it a log-like appearance, drag the tines of a fork through the icing from end to end. Cut red and green maraschino cherries to look like holly berries and stems and place on log. Refrigerate until served.