Soft Ginger Cookies With Orange GlazeFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2 cup plus 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter (very soft) shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tsp grated orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and baking soda and set aside. They will foam up. In a larger bowl combine oil, sugar, molasses and eggs and beat until well mixed (about 1 minute). Add the buttermilk mixture and blend. Sift together dry ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Let mixture stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto oiled cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes until the top springs back when touched with your finger. Do Not overbake. The cookies should be quite soft.
- While cookies are baking combine glaze ingredients. Remove cookies to wax paper lined wire rack. Frost while warm with 1/2 tsp of glaze for each cookie. Let cool completely. Transfer to trays and place in freezer to completely set if neccesary or to freeze for storage. Once frozen pack in tins in single layers seperated by wax paper. These freeze well.
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!