lemon-roasted green beans with marcona almondsFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled, cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- 6 large fresh marjoram sprigs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Marcona almonds or roasted regular almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Combine green beans, onion wedges, and marjoram in large bowl. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper. Toss; divide between prepared sheets.
- Roast vegetables 15 minutes.
- Reverse sheets.
- Continue to roast until beans are tender and beginning to brown in spots, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer vegetables to bowl.
- Add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and half of chopped almonds. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
These sound really good. I always look forward to serving different recipes. This one will be on the table as soon as I can get my hands on those almonds. Yummy. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it