Fried Potato SaladFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- 1 1/2 C cornichon, sliced shopping list
- 5 C sweet onion, small dice shopping list
- 5 C celery, small dice shopping list
- 1 1/4 C flat leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 C mayonnaise, plain shopping list
- 1 1/4 C buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp white pepper, ground shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt, to taste shopping list
- 5 C mashed potatoes, prepared, seasoned, warm shopping list
- As Needed seasoned flour for breading shopping list
- As Needed Mixture of 2C egg whites and 2C buttermilk, whisked well for breading shopping list
- As Needed Instant-Mash potato flakes for breading shopping list
How to make it
- Cover diced Potatoes with cold water and add 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender. Drain and shock to cool. Combine cooled potatoes with remaining ingredients through mashed potatoes in a large bowl and mix gently but completely.
- Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate 1 hour until well chilled. Have pans of flour ready, seasoned with salt and pepper, egg white/buttermilk mixture and Instant Mash Potato Flakes for breading.
- Using a #12 (2-2/3 oz) disher, scoop portions of potato salad into the seasoned flour, coat well and shake off excess flour. Dip floured potato salad into buttermilk mixture and finally roll in potato flakes. Place on sheet pans to hold for service.
- At service, deep fry 350°F for 15-20 seconds until crispy on the outside and still cold inside.