Blackberry PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 cups blackberries washed and dried shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 6 tablespoons water shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together berries, sugar, cornstarch, tapioca and water.
- Mix and let sit while you make your pie crust.
- Put berries in bottom crust and put 4 pats of butter on top.
- Put on top crust and crimp edges.
- Make slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and bake 45 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
Made this one for Christmas dinner and it was a major hit!! Everyone loved the nice change from the traditional holiday pies...I will admit that I cheated and used canned blackberry pie filling as the fresh berries were not available...It turned out...moreariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it
sounds delicious and very similar to my own =)stuffys_sweets in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!