Sugar Free Apple PieFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- Pastry for double crust 9 inch pie shopping list
- 3 T cornstarch shopping list
- 7 1/4 t. Equal for Recipes OR 24 packets Equal sweetener OR 1 cup Equal Spoonful shopping list
- 3/4 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 8 cups sliced cored peeled Grany Smith OR other baking apples (about 8 medium) shopping list
How to make it
- Roll half the pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted pie pan. Ease pastry into pan.
- Combine cornstarch, Equal, cinnamon, nutmet, and salt, sprinkle over apples in large bowl and toss. Arrange apples in pie crust.
- Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. Cut hearts into pastry with cutters; place pastry on pie, seal edges, trim and flute. Press pastry hearts on pastry.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven until pastry is golden and apples are tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 245 cal., 2g protein, 40g carbs, 10g fat, 10mg chol., 193mg sodium