Steak Po BoyFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- Four 1/2 inch thick strip steaks (about 6 to 8 oz each), trimmed of excess fat shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 2 large green or red bell peppers (or one of each), seeded and cut into 6 wedges shopping list
- Four 1/4 inch thick slices, cut from a large yellow onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (available at most supermarkets) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 slices Swiss, Muenster or provolone cheese shopping list
- 4 sandwich rolls, French bread or hoagie rolls shopping list
How to make it
- Place the steaks in a plastic zipper closure bag; add the Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the crushed garlic.
- Seal and shake the bag to distribute the ingredients evenly. Marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight in a refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Brush the bell peppers and onion slices with the remaining oil. Grill until soft and lightly browned, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove the steaks from the bag and wife off the excess marinade. Season the meat with Creole seasoning and ground pepper.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, turn over and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place a slice of cheese on each steak and allow it to melt.
- Place the bun cut side down on the grill until lightly toasted and warm.
- Place 1 steak on each roll, break up the slices of onions into rings and divide amojng each sandwich; top with bell pepper slices.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating4 people
Oh wow! My mouth is watering, this sounds so good, thanks for sharing it! ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Back To Basics347 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Home Made Sandwiches77 members
Basic Essentials58 members
NEW ORLEANS64 members