Mediterranean Potato SaladFrom hottamale 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. new potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 3/4 c. boiling vegetable or chicken broth (salt-free) shopping list
- 1/2 c. Sun dried tomatoes (not in oil) shopping list
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 T. wine vinegar (white or red) shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 t. black pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 c. sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/2 c. diced celery shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in boiling water in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with hot broth and set aside.
- Place olive oil, vinegar, basil, pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- When dried tomatoes are soft, add to blender along with soaking liquid.
- Blend or process on high speed until nearly smooth (small bits of tomato will remain).
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the green onion, celery, and dressing.
- Allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Stir before serving.