Corn ChowderFrom bcollins 9 years ago
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 small onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 6 small potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place bacon in a medium-sized pan and fry until almost completely cooked through. Add the celery and onions to the pan and then sauté until everything is lightly browned.
- Next transfer this mixture to a larger cooking pot. Pour in both types of corn (cream-style corn and kernel corn). Then add the chicken broth and butter, along with the potatoes and carrots. Stirring occasionally, cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour and a little water together to form a paste.
- Add this flour paste and the milk to the cooking pot. Vary the amount of flour paste according to how thick you like your chowder. Simmer for 30 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste as the chowder cooks. Serve piping hot and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookbcollins San Diego, CA
The Rating6 people
a perfect 5 ! ty !queenmidge in Anderson loved it
I love this recipe! It is absolutely perfect. Getting my family to eat veggies is difficult, but not with this recipe. I will hand this recipe down to my family as well. Thank you.dashby in Rohnert Park loved it
A good corn vegetable chowder. It's not the standard creamy chowder. No milk or cream. Cut a piece of cornbread and warm yourself up on a cool day.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!