Sugar Cookie IcingFrom dandelion 7 years ago
How to make it
- Start mixing the egg whites until slightly foaming.
- Add cream of tartar. Mix until well blended, but not foaming too much.
- Add sifted confectioner’s sugar until the consistency of thick Elmer’s glue.
- Separate if coloring. Use immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Upon cooling icing will thin. Add confectioner’s sugar to thicken for piping.
- This icing should fold over itself in thin ribbons without immediately dissolving back into the icing in the bowl.