cajun meatloafFrom robertg 9 years ago
- 1 whole bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. each-cumin and nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each-dry mustard and onion powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1/2 cups each-onion,bell pepper and celery,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbs. each-tobasco and worcestershire shopping list
- 1/4 cup each-evaporated milk and catsup shopping list
- 1# ground beef shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke- I like wrights shopping list
How to make it
- combine the first 11 ingredients and set aside.
- melt butter in a 1 quart skillet,over medium heat,add vegetable mixture and tobasco,worcestershire and liquid smoke.
- saute till it starts to thicken-about 6 minutes.stir and scrape bottom well from time to time.
- stir in milk and catsup,cook for anouther 2 minutes.
- remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
- remove bay leaf.
- put ground beef in a large mixing bowl,add egg,cooled mixture and bread crumbs and mix by hand till well combined.
- bake at 350F. for 15 minutes,drain any extra fat,return to oven and bake till done,about 35 minutes.
- remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes for ease in slicing