Cheese Tortellini and Italian Sausage SoupFrom elle 9 years ago
- 1 lb italian sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 5 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, chopped or sliced shopping list
- 1 large carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 10 oz cheese tortellini shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tbsp dried shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, crumble the sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain sausage on paper towels, and remove most of the drippings from the pot.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot.
- Saute until translucent.
- Return sausage to pot, then add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, wine, basil, and oregano.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes to one hour.
- Add tortellini and cook until tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating6 people
Made this soup today, DELICIOUS! I used fresh basil and peeled seeded tomatoes. I did not even need salt and pepper. This soup was perfect without it. Highly Recommended.dandelion in Ashland loved it
This is ON the menu for this weekend!! Can't wait!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!