Christmas Spice OrnamentsFrom pink 9 years ago
- 1 c. ground cinnamon (buy the spices easily at the dollar stores) shopping list
- 1 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 c. applesauce shopping list
- 2 T. Tacky or Elmer's white glue shopping list
- cookie cutters shopping list
- Paint, Optional:(if desired for decorating ,fabric paint works great!) shopping list
- Red, green or white ribbon shopping list
- wax paper shopping list
- Plastic Straws shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients until stiff dough forms, kneading well with hands.
- Roll dough out onto cinnamon dusted surface, about 1/4-inch thick, then cut with desired cookie cutter shapes such as teddy bears, hearts, Christmas trees, snowflakes, stars, candy canes, gingerbread boy (or girl), angels, etc...
- Lay ornaments on a sheet of waxed paper and cut a small hole in the top (a plastic straw works well), then put in a safe place for drying. **Depending on how dry your home is, it can take about 2-4 days for the ornaments to dry completely.**
- Be sure to turn the ornaments over few times a day to ensure even drying.
- When ornaments are dry, use fabric paint to decorate if desired (just like you would a cookie), then thread a pretty ribbon through the hole for hanging on Christmas tree, or all throughout the house!
- Happy Holidays!
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookpink USA
The Rating6 people
Great gift idea for Kids to make and give! Great Holiday project! :)noir in Boston loved it
These make wonderful ornaments and are so fun to give, people can't believe you made them. They smell incredible and are a great accent for any tree. Love it.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it