Cream Of Artichoke SoupFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups chopped red onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 3 tsps. garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 9 oz. pkg. frozen artichokes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon crumbled saffron shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups marinated artichokes shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 quart sauce pot add onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic salt, and bay leaves and saute over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring often. Add stock and bring to boil; then lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, sherry, and saffron to soup pot and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Now stir in the lemon juice, orange juice, and orange & lemon zest, simmer for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper. Remove and discard bay leaves, and take a hand held blender to the soup and puree till everything is blended
- At serving time laddle soup into bowl and arrange 4 quartered marinated artichokes in the center of the bowl along with 1 heaping tsp of sour cream. Drizzle 1 tsp of the marinated artichoke oils over the soup and serve.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!