Jumbo Stuffed Pasta ShellsFrom caramia 6 years ago
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked shopping list
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Large pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water until completely cool. Drain thoroughly.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350? F. Squeeze as much water as possible from the thawed spinach. In a large bowl, stir together the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, egg whites, pepper and nutmeg until thoroughly blended.
- 3. Line the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Divide the cottage cheese mixture among the pasta shells, pressing the filling into the shells with spoon to completely fill each shell. Arrange the shells side by side in a baking dish. Coat the shells with an even layer of the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 4. Bake until the center of the shells are heated through and the sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving