Hanukkah Sweet Apple LatkeFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice, yogurt or milk shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- a dash or 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- a dash of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar (if using juice) or 1/2 cup sugar (if using milk or yogurt) shopping list
- 3 medium-size apples, peeled and grated shopping list
- Note: I have also grated 1 zucchini (squeeze all moisture out) and added it to the apples. shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs with orange juice yogurt or milk.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add dry ingredients and apples to egg mixture.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet and drop 1 large tablespoon of batter per latke into the hot oil.
- Cook on each side until slightly golden (3-4 minutes) then drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Makes about 36 latkes.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Perrrrrrrfect! You deserve more than 5 forks!!!chacha in New York loved it
This is also a new one.Great posting,saved.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
these sound so good and lite....Im gonna have to try these soon...thanks sweety. Also..can these be topped off with sour cream thats mixed with vanilla and sugar ?....it sounds good ..but wanna make sure.paprikamama in Lake Mary loved it