Candied YamsFrom shelleybeanz73 9 years ago
How to make it
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise.
- Place in large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Drain half the water.
- Place remaining water and potatoes in large skillet.
- Sprinkle with half the nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add remaining nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla.
- Keep spooning liquid mixture over the potatoes while simmering for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes have absorbed all the syrup.
The Cookshelleybeanz73 Ashland, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!