Shrimp VesuviusFrom debra47 9 years ago
- 9 ounces of fettuccine shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 5 ounces of cooked bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground mace shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper or capsicum shopping list
- 2 birds eye chillies or jalapeño peppers, finely chopped shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta for about 10 minutes in lightly salted water to which a little olive oil has been added to prevent it from sticking.
- Drain as soon as the pasta is tender.
- Place cream, bacon, garlic, salt, mace, red pepper and chillies in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmering point.
- Grind in black pepper.
- Continue to cook this mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Add cleaned shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp turn white and curl up.
- Time depends on the size of the shrimp.
- It can vary from 5 - 10 minutes especially if you are using jumbo shrimp.
- Mix in the drained pasta and stir until the pasta is coated with the cream.
- Serve at once.
- Fabulous with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- LadyLocal Melbourne, Australia
- kevinavaaustin Nowhere, Us
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- tsehnert Lincoln, NE
- sjhala Shelbyville, IN
- thisiscarene Singapore, SG
- asheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
- dfangel Vancouver, BC, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!