Caramel Rice PuddingFrom ivy 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup rice (arborio or carolina) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 spoonfull margarine shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 4 - 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- For caramel sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Water shopping list
How to make it
- Melt granulated sugar in small saucepan with lemon juice and water (enough to wet sugar) and stir until brown, but do not burn; pour it while hot into pudding mold and spread it with a spoon, all over inside.
- Wash rice, drain, and cook slowly in milk for 45 minutes; turn into basin, add butter, salt, and eggs well beaten with sugar, and pour into prepared mold.
- Set mold in bain marie (pan of boiling water) and bake in preheated oven at 180o C, till quite set (about 45 minutes).
- Turn out and serve hot or cold.
- For Cypriot rice pudding called Ryzogalo you may see the recipe at my blog : www.kopiaste.blogspot.com
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating4 people
Ivy, this has got to be about the best rice pudding ever!!! But alas I gotta go to the 'store' they know me by name LOL HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Thank you for giving us the time for the step by step pictures,they are really usefull.I am a fan of rice pudding as it so famous in Egypt and this one is really new.Saved.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it