Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- vegetable oil spray for misting the pan shopping list
- flour for dusting the pan shopping list
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain butter recipe fudge cake mix shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly mist a 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust
- with flour. Shake out the excess flour.
- Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, cream cheese, water, oil, sugar, eggs, and
- vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your
- finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 58 to
- 62 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto one rack, then invert it onto a second rack so that the cake cools large side up for 20 minutes more.
- Slide the cake onto a serving platter. Slice and serve