Spanish skillet chickenFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 5 each chicken thighs and drumsticks(about 41/2 lbs) shopping list
- 1t paprika shopping list
- 1/4t black pepper shopping list
- 2 med. onions,chopped shopping list
- 1T minced garlic shopping list
- 1 box(8oz) yellow rice mix shopping list
- 1 can(14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 13/4c water shopping list
- 1c frozen peas shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and pepper. Cook chicken in large deep non-stick skillet over med heat about 5 mins. per side,until browned . Remove chicken to plate.
- Remove all but iT drippings from skillet. Add onions and garlic; saute 4 mins. until golden. Stir in yellow rice mix,tomatoes and water.
- Place chicken pieces on rice, Bring liquid to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat,cover and simmer 15 mins.
- Stir in peas,cover and simmer 3 mins until rice is tender.