Easy Baked Mozzarella SticksFrom nlo209 8 years ago
- 1 pkg. mozzarella cheese strings (8 sticks) shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, cornflake crumbs, or panko (Japanese bread crumbs) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- marinara sauce for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cheese strings in the freezer at least 1 hour before you plan to make these. These will lessen the oozing of the cheese. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the flour, egg whites and crumbs in 3 separate dishes. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Cut the cheese strings in 1/2 widthwise. Dip one cheese stick at a time into the flour to coat, then into the egg whites and then the crumbs. Dip it into the egg again and then the crumbs again, squeezing to help them adhere. It'll be messy, but try to cover the cheese completely. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with all of the cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden. Serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!