Banana Whole Wheat SconesFrom cyates798 6 years ago
- 11/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cold butter shopping list
- 2 large ripe bananas shopping list
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- With a pastry knife, cut in the cold butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Mash the bananas and stir in the buttermilk.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until partially combined and then turn out onto the counter. Knead until the dough just holds together. (Over mixing will make the scones tough.)
- Pat the dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle. Cut the circle into wedges and place on the prepared cooking sheet leaving one inch between the scones to allow for expansion.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the scones begin to brown.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!