Pumpkin RollFrom tnacndn 8 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 C. sugar shopping list
- 2/3 C. pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 C.. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- FILLING... shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese -- softened shopping list
- 3 Tbs. butter,not magarine shopping list
- 1 C. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well.
- Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Spread batter into greased and waxed-paper lined cookie sheets. (Make sure you grease the wax paper really good, or it's hard to get off the cake.)
- Bake at 350 ° for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar.
- Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Roll cake up in towel.
- Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Unroll cake.
- Evenly spread filling over cake.
- Roll up cake (without the towel).
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Slice before serving.
- Keep leftover slices refrigerated.
- This pumpkin roll freezes well.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooktnacndn Jasper, TN
The Rating2 people
Gem, this sounds amazing! I usually pass on jelly rolls, becuase they are usually stuffed with jams or jellies and just too boring for me to bother...but, this one, pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling??? What's NOT to like??? Another great post, w...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
This is delicious! Love it. Glad you posted this recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it