1950 Hidden Valley Guest Ranch DressingFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- 1 clove garlic, peeled shopping list
- 2 to 3 pinches of kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mash together the garlic cloves and salt until a paste is formed.
- Remove to a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add and whisk together buttermilk, lime juice, cilantro or parsley and chives until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- If you prefer a less runny dressing, stir in 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or sour cream.
- - - My Thought- -
- Plain yogurt instead of mayo or the sour cream, but not both.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating7 people
Excellent...yum :)noir in Boston loved it
I was looking for just this type of recipe two weeks ago. We buy ranch dressing practically by the gallon at my house. If I am careful, I may just be able to please my daughter. I am so glad I made you my friend! oh and thanks so much for asking, by ...morezania97882 in Umatilla loved it
Wonderful...Like zania 97882, we use alot of ranch dressing...Nice to now be able to make it myself...Fresh is always better....;Dwynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it