STEAMED GINGER CHICKENFrom imran 9 years ago
- Boneless chicken legs, 1½ inch shopping list
- pieces 4 shopping list
- lemon juice 1 tablespoon shopping list
- ginger, grated 2 inch piece shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- black pepper powder ½ teaspoon shopping list
- cabbage 4-5 leaves shopping list
- sesame oil 2 teaspoons shopping list
- broccoli, florets, blanched ½ medium shopping list
- Pak choy, roughly cut 4 shopping list
- garlic, chopped 10 cloves shopping list
- soy sauce 1 tablespoon shopping list
How to make it
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add lemon juice, ginger, salt and black pepper powder and mix. Set aside to marinate for fifteen minutes.
- Heat water in a steamer. Place a few cabbage leaves in a slotted pan. Place the marinated chicken pieces over them. Keep the slotted pan in the steamer, cover and steam till the chicken is cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add broccoli florets, pak choy and sauté for two minutes. Sprinkle a little water. Add garlic, soy sauce and a little more water. Cook till the vegetables soften slightly.
- If you want you can grill a few pieces of steamed chicken over a griller.
- Transfer the greens into a serving plate. Place the chicken pieces over them and serve hot.