Baked Fish Or Ovnskokt KveiteFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2 pounds fresh halibut, skinned and boned, reserving skin and bone shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sherry shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- Garnish with fresh parsley, chopped and lemon wedges. shopping list
How to make it
- Place the fish skin and bones into a saucepan with the water.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce by one quarter.
- Strain, and reserve 1-1/2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut halibut into bite size pieces, and coat with flour.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the halibut pieces just until golden brown.
- Transfer fish to a baking dish.
- Arrange fish in a single layer, and sprinkle with lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Pour fish stock into the pan in which the fish was fried.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in cream and sherry, and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk egg yolks until frothy in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in a small amount of the cream sauce, and then whisk the mixture into the sauce.
- Pour sauce over fish in a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve in a baking dish.