Michaels Tex-mex Chocolate CookiesFrom annacg 8 years ago
- 2 cups AP flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey (local honey if available) shopping list
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 12-oz. pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped and toasted shopping list
- cinnamon sugar for coating: shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and spices together in a medium bowl with a fork. In a separate large bowl, cream butter with sugars, honey and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time. Slowly incorporate dry mixture into batter. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Chill batter in refrigerator for approximately 15 minutes. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls (1 ½ inches, +/-) and coat with cinnamon sugar coating, then place on cookie sheets that are greased or lined with parchment or silpat. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until outer surface begins to crack. Placed unused raw batter back in refrigerator between batches. Cool cookies on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container. Yields approximately 3 dozen cookies.
The Cookannacg Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!