Greek Christmas BreadFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- Greek Christmas bread shopping list
- 1 package (or 1 tablespoon) active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 to 115° F.) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- Extra flour, as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Combine the sugar, cardamon, salt,
- egg, milk and oil in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the yeast mixture, flours,
- raisins and nuts. Mix well. Add enough extra flour to make soft dough. Turn
- the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 5 minutes. Shape into a round loaf.
- Put the dough into a lightly-oiled 8-inch-round cake pan. Cover with a damp
- towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until brown.