Cheese And Nut Stuffed ShellsFrom pat2me 7 years ago
- 24 dried jumbo shell macaroni* (or largest you can find and adapt amount of filling) shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 26-ounce jar thick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell.
- Arrange filled shells in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Makes 6 servings.
- *Note: Cook a few extra shells to replace any that tear during cooking.