Lumpiang Shanghai - FIlipino Spring RollsFrom chboogs 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork shopping list
- 1 whole egg shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrots finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup shrimp finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup Chinese celery (flat leaf parsley) finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsps soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsps cornstarch shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- spring roll wrappers shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the wrappers.
- Season with a little bit of salt and pepper and mix well.
- You can do a sampling at this point by taking a bit of the mixture and forming it into a small patty and frying it in oil. Just to test if it needs adjustment in seasoning.
- Lay your wrapper in a plate. Take about a tablespoon of the filling and lay on top near the bottom end of the wrapper. Form into a log shape as big as your finger. Fold the bottom end over slightly tugging your filling down so it would be wrapped tightly. Fold the sides toward the middle. Start rolling up. Brush the top end of your wrapper with a little bit of water to seal the lumpia.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry your lumpia for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Pull out and let excess oil drip over a strainer or paper towel. Serve the Lumpiang Shanghai - Filipino Spring Rolls with your favorite sweet and sour sauce or ketchup.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookchboogs Manila, PH
The Rating17 people
These are the most delicious lumpia I've ever seen. I may print a pic and eat that.datuputi in Marietta loved it
These look fantastic! I've never had them before, but I think I'll have to change that!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
Looks yummy!peteygurl in Pensacola loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!