Que Sarah Sarah LasagneFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- ½ tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 10-oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- ½ large white onion, chopped shopping list
- ½ lb cremini mushrooms, chopped roughly shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup TVP granules shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine shopping list
- Pinch crushed chili flakes shopping list
- ½ tbsp basil shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon zest (optional, but good!) shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 box whole-wheat lasagne sheets, par-cooked and drained shopping list
- 1 oz finely shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 oz finely shredded Fontina cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a blender or food processor, puree cottage cheese through black pepper.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in spinach until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until golden.
- Add garlic and roasted peppers and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes, TVP, red wine, chili flakes, basil and lemon zest.
- Stir, reduce heat to low and mix in tomato paste.
- Turn off heat but keep skillet on burner.
- Spread a thin layer of the tomato mixture on the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish.
- Top with 4 par-cooked noodles, then layer the 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture on top of that.
- Follow with 4 more noodles, and 1/2 the remaining red sauce.
- Layer the final noodles on top.
- Stir the rest of the red sauce into the cheese mixture and spread on top of everything in the dish.
- Top with shredded cheeses.
- **Dish can be frozen at this point for later, if so, thaw out completely before proceeding with recipe.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until completely heated through and bubbly, tenting with foil if necessary.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
hi jo jo ba
thanks for the lovely post
what is tvp granules? can i substitute the wine with veggie stock?
mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Now I have a lasagna recipe named after our oldest daughter! This is perfect for her as she is a vegetarian. Thanks for sharing your recipe with all of us.lor in Toronto loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Party Food316 members