Cinnamon Chip Icebox CookieFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) package HERSHEY'S cinnamon chips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- NOTE: I have never seen Hershey's cinnamon chips in our stores so I use butterscotch chippits and I add 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the flour mix. shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Gradually add flour, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans.
- Divide dough into 3 (2-cup) portions.
- Roll each portion into a 12-inch log.
- Wrap logs in wax paper.
- Chill 8 hours, or freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months.
- Cut each log into 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices, and place slices on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Cookie dough may be dropped by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets, and then baked.
- Makes 6 dozen
- This recipe is from SouthernLiving
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
yummy goodness!jett2whit in Union City loved it
A must try, and i'm going to try this.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
I can get cinnamon chips at my store too and look forward to these cookies!!sunny in Portland loved it