Black Musselsoup ala DurbanvilleFrom heinoos 9 years ago
- 36 Black mussels, washed shopping list
- 500ml water shopping list
- 50g butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2ml crushed garlic shopping list
- 45ml flour shopping list
- 500ml warm stock shopping list
- 125ml dry white wine shopping list
- 30ml fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1ml nutmeg shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 125ml cream shopping list
How to make it
- Place mussels and water in pan, cover and cook until mussels open
- (if one uses halfshell mussels, skip this step)
- Take out of pot and put aside. Retain 250ml of the "mussel" water.
- Take mussels out of shells, and mince the meat. Throw away the "stringy' bits
- You can also keep a few whole for more texture
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Take off the heat, and mix with the flour and then the "mussel" water, fish stock and wine.
- Stir over medium heat until soup thickens.
- Add parsley and bay leaf en add pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Add salt if necessary (Mussels have enough salt)
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add mussels and cream and heat without boiling.