Award Winning CornbreadFrom southernbelle8 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup white cornmeal shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sour milk (to make milk sour, add 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vinegar) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup shortening (Crisco), melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease sides and bottom of a 9x13 pan (glass works best)
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl
- Prepare the sour milk in a separate bowl if necessary
- Add the eggs, sour milk and vanilla to the dry ingredients
- Finally, add the melted shortening. It will sizzle and tend to float on the top, so stir well until it's totally incorporated.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake 30 minutes
- Let cool before serving. The flavors really come out when it has cooled.
The Cooksouthernbelle8 Wantage, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!