Mexican Beef StewFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
- 3 pounds lean beef for stew, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup thick-and-chunky salsa shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half & sliced thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained & rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- Chopped tomato shopping list
- Dairy sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Brown beef and pour off drippings.
- Return beef to pan; season with salt.
- Stir in beef broth and salsa then bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer, covered 1 1/2 hours.
- Add zucchini, beans, carrots and corn and continue to cook, covered an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve with toppings.