Basic Cookie DoughFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt shopping list
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter (no substitutions), softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar 1 minute or until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Use this to make some really cool cookies. Recipes to follow.
- Or just roll it out and cut cookies bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Cookie requiring this basic cookie recipe:
- Fig-Filled Moons, Chocolate Pinwheels, Chewy Fruit Bars, Butter Cookie Cutouts, Hazelnut-Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Cranberry-Orange Spice Cookies, Apple Pie Spice Rugelach, Gingerbread Cutouts, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Chocolate-Dipped Peppermint Sticks, Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints, Stained Glass Ornaments.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating8 people
looooove this basic recipe!!!!!!!!!
you can "go to town" with a variety of biscuits using this recipe
enjoy your day
mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I agree with Mumtaz.Thanks for a wonderful post.ambus in Lahore loved it
We can all use a basic cookie dough. It's surprising the variety of cookies we can create with this recipe. Thank you for sharing and HIGH 5!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!