Best Raisin BarsFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 1 cup hot, strong coffee shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted regular butter (don't substitute) shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts shopping list
- (You can add 1 cup of chocolate chips if you wish) shopping list
- cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 1, 8 oz. pkg. of room temperature cream cheese shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 stick of butter (do not substitue!) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour hot coffee over raisins, cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in sugar, melted butter and the beaten egg.
- Stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add raisin mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool. Spread with frosting. And use up all that frosting, too!
- Mix the cream cheese and butter together with the vanilla.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy (I use a KitchenAid mixer on low)
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
How divine, will be making these!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Wow, these sound sooo good, Annie!!! My mom used to make something like this with raisins and pecans. You can't go wrong with this one. I like your idea of making them in small tins for gifts. We have an Octoberfast bakesale coming up. I'm going to ...morecinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
wow coffee and raisins love this combo. and Flavor yummy stuff thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it