Beef Stroganoff SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 pound beef tenderloin tips cubed shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 pint water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon beef base shopping list
- Roux made of 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pint whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5 quart pot melt butter and add beef and garlic.
- Cook until meat is browned then add mushrooms and onions.
- Sauté until onion is translucent then add carrots, water, beef base, salt and pepper and bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Make roux by melting butter and adding flour to it and stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add to soup stirring constantly.
- Add whipping cream and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!