Peanut Butter MunchiesFrom jennva 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and the 1/4 cup peanut butter until combined. Add egg, milk, vanilla; beat well. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour mixture. From the chocolate dough into 32 balls about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.
- For filling: Combine powdered sugar and 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 ( 3/4-inch) balls.
- On a work surface, slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball. Top with peanut butter ball. For each cookie, shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter filling, completely covering the filling. Roll dough into a ball.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a buttered glass dipped in 2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8 minutes, or until just set and surface slightly cracks. Let stand 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks, cool. Makes 32.
- To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container. Cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
The Cookjennva VA
- Not added to any groups yet!