Autumn Pasta With Apples And CranberriesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles shopping list
- 2 teaspoons margarine shopping list
- 1/2 pound turkey ham cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 1 bunch green onion whites and some greens chopped shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples cut into slices then into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate thawed shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chives shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions then drain well.
- Meanwhile melt margarine in large skillet and cook ham.
- Remove to a plate when done.
- Add onion to skillet then cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add apples and cook until apples are golden.
- Transfer apples and onions to plate.
- Add nutmeg, apple juice and half and half to skillet.
- Sauce may look curdled but continue to cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by 1/3.
- Add cheddar cheese and chives then stir until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt, pepper and cranberries.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat.
- Add ham, apples and onions.