Chicken Brunch CasseroleFrom flavorsofitaly 8 years ago
- 16 thin slices of bread, crusts removed. shopping list
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (or ham, or Canadian bacon) shopping list
- 8 slices (4 oz) cheddar cheese shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup crushed potato chips shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange HALF the bread slices over the bottom of the dish, trimming the slices as necessary to fit them in a single layer.
- Sprinkle HALF the chicken cubes over the bread layer. Layer the cheddar cheese slices over the chicken cubes. Add the remaining chicken cubes. Cut the remaining bread slices in half diagonally, and arrange in an overlapping pattern over chicken cubes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, and pepper until well blended. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top bread layer in casserole dish. cover dish with foil, and refrigerate for (at least) 4 hours, but not more than 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Remove foil from baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed potato chips and drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let casserole stand for 10 minutes after removing from oven, then serve.