Sesame Chicken Stir-FryFrom desertgal 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each), thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder shopping list
- 2 cups fresh green beans shopping list
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium) shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup teriyaki baste-and-glaze or stir-fry sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with the five-spice powder. Cook the chicken, stirring, until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Add the beans, carrots and bell pepper to the skillet. Stir-fry until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds and cooked chicken. Stir-fry until heated through and slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
- *To vary the flavor and texture, add 1/2 cup halved cashews in Step 3.