Cauliflower Pasta SauceFrom jena 5 years ago
- 1 pound whole-wheat penne rigate shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, cracked from skin and sliced shopping list
- 1 red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated Romano, 3 generous handfuls shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and pasta and cook to al dente.
- Drain and reserve 2 ladles of pasta water.
- While water is coming up to a boil and pasta cooks, make sauce.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook 3 minutes, then remove.
- Add onions and cook 5 minutes then add cauliflower, chicken stock and the rosemary.
- Cover the pan and cook 15 minutes.
- Uncover the sauce, add 1 to 2 ladles of pasta water and mash the cauliflower with the back of a wooden spoon or potato masher.
- Add the pasta and cheese to the cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.